Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving / 3 recipes!

Hello blogsphere,

Here are some awesome recipes from my grandma. I have to figure out the weight watchers points values at some point. But i thought i'd share them anyway. IF anyone wants to help me and figure out the point values-- feel free yay :)

Also, the Thanksgiving day/weekend went pretty well. I exercised 3 days, and even did my own version of a turkey trot. I walked for 3 miles over 1 hour. It was great. It was the first time i got exercise, and it was great. I was able to eat guilt-free, and i didn't go overboard, like i have in the past. It was wonderful. I love making good decisions, and feeling better about myself. I wish i could get over this cold soon, and get that pain in my lower right leg to stop hurting! yay! oh also 38.5 days until graduation!!! oh. my. word.

Recipe #1:
Pronto Taco Soup

1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (14 - 1/2 ounces each) of beef broth
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups picante sauce
1 cup uncooked spiral or small shell pasta
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips

In a large saucepan, cook beef onion, & garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts)

recipe #2: Gina's Salsa

2 cans whole tomatoes in blender
Add one chopped onion
(4) Jalapenos -- remove the seeds to make not so spicy
Cilantro to taste
Minced garlic
Pulse blender 2 or 3 times.

ADD: 3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 whole juice of lime

Recipe #3: Ham & Cheese Quiche

2 red potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 cup cubed ham
1 (8 or 9-inch) premade pie shell in foil pain
1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey jack cheese blend (recommended: Kraft)
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (Recommended: McCormick)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place potatoes and rosemary in a microwaveable dish. Cover with a damp paper towel & microwave for 2 minutes, until almost cooked through. *(Or boil potatoes on stove until almost cooked through).

Cover the bottom of the premade pie shell with potatoes, ham, and cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoning and pour into the pie shell.

Place quiche into preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until eggs have set.
6 servings

Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

Samantha~ said...

I think the quiche sounds the best!!!

AllThingsTiff said...

Thank you for the recipe, I will definitely have to try them. They all sound pretty yummy to me.